As parents we want to protect our child from anything that can hurt them or make them feel bad, including getting the flu. Flu vaccines are recommended for ages 6 months and up.
There are two types of flu vaccines:
The Flu Shot and the Flu Mist nasal spray vaccine.
- The nasal spray vaccine is for healthy children ages two years and up.
- If your child has asthma, wheezing, or any other chronic medical disease the Flu Mist is not meant for them.
- The flu mist is most popular because the children don’t mind getting it since it’s not a shot. It’s simply a spray that they breathe in.
- The first year a child receives the flu vaccine they’ll receive two doses at least one month a part.
- The flu vaccine is very safe and you can not catch the flu from the vaccine.