Flu Shot 101
As parents we want to protect our child from anything that can hurt them or make them feel bad, including getting the flu. Flu vaccines are recommended for ages 6 months and up.
There are two types of flu vaccines:
The Flu Shot and the Flu Mist nasal spray vaccine.
- The nasal spray vaccine is for healthy children ages two years and up.
- If your child has asthma, wheezing, or any other chronic medical disease the Flu Mist is not meant for them.
- The flu mist is most popular because the children don’t mind getting it since it’s not a shot. It’s simply a spray that they breathe in.
- The first year a child receives the flu vaccine they’ll receive two doses at least one month a part.
- The flu vaccine is very safe and you can not catch the flu from the vaccine.