Eliminating food groups & going gluten-free
- I caution parents against restricting certain foods from their diet unless their child has specific food allergies
- It is very important that children get a wide variety of healthy food choices in their diets for proper growth and development.
- Work with a dietician or pediatrician if you choose to go gluten free or restrict any food group from your child’s diet.
- Most people do fine with gluten as part of a healthy, well-balanced diet.
- If your child truly has celiac disease or a true allergy to gluten, then eliminating gluten is necessary.