As parents often times weight loss is a large focus when developing eating habits. When dieting it’s extremely important to remain positive with food messages around your children. Too often food comes to represent the enemy to dieters. Young children pay close attention and interpret the messages their parents send about eating, healthy or unhealthy.
Important Points to Keep In Mind:
- Eliminate comments that are negative about food
- Do not make children always clean their plates
- Do encourage your child to eat breakfast, especially before school
- As often as possible have a traditional sit down dinner as a family. Turn off the TV, mobile phones and enjoy talking with one another.
- Avoid negative comments about dieting, eating or food while at dinner
For more information talk with your Pediatrician or visit HealthyChildren.org