Signs of Strep Throat & Scarlet Fever – How to Treat
- Strep throat is a bacterial infection.
- Most kids will complain of sore throat, aches, pains and fever. Some may also have a tummy ache or headache.
- Some just might be tired and have a fever.
- If your child has a fever and a sore throat see your pediatrician to check for strep.
- Strep is easily treated by antibiotics.
- If not treated correctly strep infections can rarely lead to complications later on in life – please make sure to finish all the antibiotics prescribed.
- When strep throat is accompanied by a rash it is called Scarlet Fever.
- No need to worry, Scarlet Fever is also easily treated by antibiotics and complications are rare.